How to Match your Tie and Shirt
We pulled together a collection of striped shirts and ties for keeping a crisp look at all times. Striped shirts go with almost any pattern. Just make sure your shirt and tie have at least one color in common, and you’re sure to look like a million bucks.
1. Fitted cotton/polyester shirt, $50, by Geoffrey Beene, at Macy’s. Seersucker tie, $35, by Nautica, at select Macy’s; call 877-NAUTICA; or visit nautica.com. Silk whale-print tie, $65, by Vineyard Vines; visit vineyardvines.com.
2. Cotton dress shirt, $245, by Canali, at Saks Fifth Avenue; Bloomingdale’s; Nordstrom; or visit canali.it. Silk tie, $150, by Ermenegildo Zegna, at Ermenegildo Zegna; call 888-880-3462; or visit zegna.com.
3. Cotton dress shirt, $275, by Ermenegildo Zegna, at Ermenegildo Zegna. Silk, handmade, four-inhand tie, $125, by Seaward & Stearn, at select Nordstroms; Khakis of Carmel, Calif.; Shaia’s of Birmingham, AL; call 800-451-3985; or visit britishapparel.com.
4. Fitted cotton/polyester shirt, $38, by Van Heusen, at Macy’s. Silk tie, $115, by Canali, at Saks Fifth Avenue; Bloomingdale’s; Nordstrom; or visit canali.it.
5. Cotton shirt, $325, and hand-sewn silk ties, $135 each, by Massimo Bizzocchi, at Massimo Bizzocchi, New York; Wilkes Bashford, San Francisco; Saks Fifth Avenue; or massbizz.com.
6. Cotton, slim-fit Hollywood Stripe shirt, $180, silk Atherton Flower tie, $100, Sechura Spot tie, $100, all by Thomas Pink, at Thomas Pink, or call 212-838-1928.
STAN WILLIAMS is a freelance writer in New York.